About University Of Ghana Tullow Scholarship:
The University of Ghana Students Financial Aid Office (UG-SFAO) is accepting applications for the award of the 2019/2020 UG-Tullow Tertiary Scholarship Scheme for both undergraduate and graduate students in relevant academic fields who are exceptionally brilliant but with dire financial needs.
The Tullow Group Scholarship Scheme began in 2011 in Ghana. It has since been expanded to ten countries in Sub-Saharan Africa, including Kenya.
The British Council administers the scholarship programme on behalf of Tullow Group in the countries where it operates.
The intention is that the scholarships will support local skills development especially, but not exclusively, for the oil and gas industries.
The UG-Tullow award is a full scholarship which covers tuition, stipend/subsistence/health insurance, modest subsidy for equipment (Laptop computer) and accommodation for students.
Interested Applicants must be:
- Ghanaian students pursuing a 4 year undergraduate program or 1-2 year Masters program in University of Ghana.
- The award recipients are expected to have and maintain excellent academic standards of at least a B average or 3.0 CGPA in order to be in good standing to keep the Scholarship.
How To Start Applying:
Applications for this scholarship are submitted at the The University of Ghana Students Financial Aid Office (UG-SFAO).
Applicants must fill the Scholarship Form with 3 separate written Essays on the following topic:
1. Why you feel you should be considered for this scholarship?
2. Why you chose the course for which you are enrolled and what are your future plans?
3. About a meaningful and/or challenging experience you have had during your past school life.
Also, the following documents must be submitted with the Application Form:
1.Recommendation letters from Senior High School. (do not send the originals of any of these documents below):
2. Applicant’s WASSCE RESULT /transcripts.
Evidence of income of parent/guardian.
3. Documents/evidence to establish the relationship with siblings.
4. Birth certificate of siblings and their school fees etc.
5. And any other supporting documents that you believe will assist in the processing of your application.
Deadline: Ongoing | Download scholarship form here
Related Scholarships You Can Apply:
- Canon Collins Scholarships for Postgraduate Study in South Africa – Deadline: 19 August 2019
- Canon Collins Tom Queba Engineering Scholarship for Social Change for South Africans – Deadline: 12 August 2019
- Japan-WCO Human Resource Development Scholarship Programme 2019/2020 for Masters Study in Japan (Fully-funded)
For more information, please visit: University of Ghana