About TED Fellows Program:
Every year the TED Fellows program selects a new group of extraordinary, multidisciplinary individuals by open application. We look for innovators on the rise in their respective fields with bold, original work.
TED is a global community, welcoming people from every discipline and culture who seek a deeper understanding of the world. TED believes passionately in the power of ideas to change attitudes, lives and, ultimately, the world. TED is a nonprofit devoted to spreading ideas, usually in the form of short, powerful talks (18 minutes or less).
- TED pays for round-trip economy airfare, ground transportation to and from the conference location and meals and shared accommodation on site.
- TED Fellows work with the team on a four-minute TEDtalk in the months leading up to the conference.
- Before the conference starts, Fellows participate in a pre-conference where they meet the other Fellows, participate in skill-building workshops, attend talk rehearsals and more.
- When the main conference begins, Fellows deliver their talks on stage. These are filmed and considered for release on TED.com. After the talks, Fellows participate in the conference as a regular attendee. They can watch all other talk sessions, speak with other TED attendees and meet new collaborators and friends.
- All applicants must be 18 years or older by the time they apply.
- The central requirement of the TED Fellowship is that you are available to attend the TED conference in person, for the entire time.
- Because the TED conference is conducted in English, English proficiency is a requirement.
- Once selected as a Fellow, you must be available to speak with the TED Fellows team via videoconference for approximately ten hours (over the course of approximately three months) prior to the TED conference.
TED Fellows are selected by the TED program staff, with extensive reference checking and consultation with experts across all fields. Selections are made by the group as a whole, not by individuals.
There is no algorithm for how Fellows are selected. TED select Fellows based on their accomplishments in their respective fields, the potential impact of their work and also their character. The ideal applicant is multidisciplinary in their pursuits and is at a moment in their career to maximize the support of the TED community.
To begin applications for the TED Fellows program, applicants are required to fill this Application Form on the TED website.
Deadline: 27 August 2019