The Student Summer Research Fellowship (ETH SSRF) program offers undergraduate and graduate students the opportunity to gain their first research experience in an area of their choice. The fellowship provided by the Computer Science Department of ETH takes place during two summer months and is open to all students worldwide. The department is committed to increasing diversity in the computer science area.
The main part of the Student Summer Research Fellowship program at ETH Zurich is devoted to doing research in one of the available research areas:
- Theory and Algorithms
- Networked Systems and Parallel Computing
- Pervasive Computing and Cyberphysical Systems
- Information and System Security
- Data Management and Machine Learning
- Programming Languages and Software Engineering
- Visual Computing
Fellows will pursue a research project that aligns with a chosen area of their interest as part of a research group in our department. This includes interacting and collaborating with group members.
The Student Summer Research Fellowship at ETH Zürich covers the following:
- Travel expenses
- Visa application expenses
- Housing and living cost
Students can claim the travel costs against receipts at the beginning of the program.
- You are eligible for the Student Summer Research Fellowship program if you satisfy the following:
- You are enrolled in a study program (Bachelor or Master) in computer science or a closely related field (e.g., electrical engineering, mathematics, physics)
- Your expected graduation date in your current study program (Bachelor or Master) is January 2021 or later.
- You have 2 years of study completed by summer 2020 (Master students naturally satisfy this condition).
- The duration of the fellowship is fixed to the full two months of July and August.
- You can be present during the entire time.
- This program is fully conducted in English. Formal evidence is not required. However, the fellowship requires a good working knowledge of English. Your language ability may be assessed during an interview.
How To Apply:
Before applying, make sure you have prepared all required documents as PDF files (max 10MB per file).
1. First you need to register with SiROP
To register search for your home university in the list provided or create an account using an email address. After your registration SiROP offers you to affiliate with your own institution. To create such an affiliation is NOT a required step if you want to apply.
2. After completing your SiROP registration, proceed to the Application portal.
(Please find link to SiROP, and the Application portal below)
Beginning of November 2019 – 15 December 2019 at 12 noon (Central European Time).
Communication of the admission decision:
Applicants will be notified by e-mail by February 2020.
Duration of the program:
The program will take place from 1 July – 31 August 2020.
Join/Follow our various online channels for updates:
Deadline: 15 December 2019 at 12 noon (Central European Time).