Please read all the information carefully.
Thousands of students from all around the world apply for higher educational studies in Hungary each year. The number of Stipendium Hungaricum applicants is continuously increasing as well as the number of available scholarship places. In the 2018/2019 round of applications, more than 4100 scholarships were awarded. In the academic year 2019/2020 more than 5000 students can begin their studies in Hungary in the framework of the Stipendium Hungaricum Programme.
The Stipendium Hungaricum Scholarship Programme was launched in 2013 by the Hungarian Government. The core mission of the programme is to increase the number of foreign students in Hungary and to encourage Hungarian higher education institutions to attract top foreign students.
Managed by Tempus Public Foundation (TPF), The Stipendium Hungaricum scholarship covers 100% tuition with other expenses for you, facilitating a free study at the University of your choice in Hungary.
Stipendium Hungaricum full scholarship includes:
- Free tuition for the entire duration of studies.
- Monthly grant for students of Bachelor, Master or PhD program.
- Contribution to accommodation
- Free medical insurance for the entire duration of a BSc, MSc or PhD program.
This Scholarship is open to all International Students interested in pursuing a Bachelor’s Degree, Masters Degree or Post Graduate Doctoral Degree in Hungary.
The available course for study varies by country ( check “Application Portals” for list)
How To Apply:
- Before submitting your application, please read the “Call For Applications (CFA) Page”
- Submit all the necessary application documents to the online application system of the Tempus Public Foundation (TPF). The application platform opens on 15 November 2019.
- Select your choice of University for study in Hungary
- You are entitled to apply for two programs.
First: nomination of Sending Partner: The Sending Partner pre-selects the submitted applications and sends a nomination and a reserve list to TPF.
Second: the institutional evaluation:
- Tempus forwards the nominated applications to your selected university.
- Your selected university conducts the formal check and informs the formally correct applicants about the details (date and method) of the entrance exam/interview.
- The university forwards the result of the entrance procedure to TPF.
Third: decision about the scholarship: The Board of Trustees of TPF awards the scholarship and informs the applicants about the result.
Join/follow our various online channels for updates:
Deadline: 1 January 2020.