About European Commission SME Week Youth Essay Competition:
The SME Week Youth Essay competition, organized by the European Commission Directorate-General for Single Market, Industry, Entrepreneurship and SMEs, is launching for the fourth time and is looking for submissions that answer the following:
“Write the speech that you would give as the new Commissioner for SMEs and entrepreneurship to Europe’s entrepreneurs”
The Youth Essay Competition is a chance to share your thoughts and opinions with key policymakers and entrepreneurs on a European platform within the domains of enterprise, entrepreneurship and SMEs.
- Write the speech that you would give as the new Commissioner for SMEs and entrepreneurship to Europe’s entrepreneurs.
This year, the competition will be divided into two rounds:
- Round 1: This is an open call to submit your speech. This submission is due by 16 August 2019
- Round 2: You have given your inauguration speech and journalists are asking you for more details about your ideas. If you are selected for the top 10, you will receive three ‘follow up’ questions asking you to expand upon the ideas in your speech.
- An all-expenses paid trip to the SME Assembly in Helsinki, Finland for the three finalists, to deliver their speeches to 500+ Assembly delegates
- Presentation training before delivering speech live on stage at the SME Assembly 2019
- Promotion of speeches across official social media channels
Eligibility and Essay Rules:
- The competition is open to all 18 to 25 year olds from European Member States or COSME partners countries.
- Speeches should not exceed 2 500 words in length
- All submissions must be in English
- Only one entry per applicant
How To Participate:
- The deadline for Round 1 submissions is 16 August 2019
- The three finalists will be announced in October ahead of SME Week and will compete at a grand finale in Helsinki as part of the SME Assembly, where they will give their speeches
- The final winner will be chosen via a public vote