From June to November each year, the Seedstars team looks for the most promising early-stage startups from 90+ emerging markets that will receive intensive training on how to be investment-ready. They will take part in local, regional, and global stage competitions, but only one of them will be crowned as the Global Winner and receive a prize of up to USD 500,000 in equity investment.
Seedstars is a Swiss-based private group of companies with a mission to impact people’s lives in emerging markets through technology and entrepreneurship. Seedstars is present in 80+ emerging ecosystems. More than 100,000 people from all over the world belong to the Seedtars network, including 2,000 investors. More than 40,000 entrepreneurs from emerging markets became participants of their events and programs. The alumni network of the Seedstars World competition counts for 275 startups.
Prize of competition:
Winner of the competition will receive the following:
- $500,000 USD in equity investment.
- 2-day Growth Bootcamp
- 1-1 Mentor & Investor meetings
- Global Networking & Visibility
Step 1: Local Stage (June – August 2020)
- Fully online, startups can apply from any part of their country to the nearest competition in their ecosystem. One winner per country will be to participate in the Regional Stage.
- All accepted startups will receive: Online Seedstars Academy, Access to Seedstars Mentor Network, Local Networking & Visibility
Step 2: Regional Stage (November – December 2020)
- Local Stage winners will compete on a regional level in a broadcasted pitch competition on Seedstars Life. Finalists will be selected based on their startup strength and scalability and will move on to the Grand Finale.
- Regional Stage benefits: Investment Readiness Training, 1-1 Mentor & Investor Meetings, Regional Networking & Visibility
Step 3: Grand Finale (April 2021)
- Seedstar will bring together the winners of all five regional stages for in-depth entrepreneurial training and the opportunity to compete for the title of Global Winner and the prize of up to $500,000 USD in equity investment.
- Grand Finale benefits: 2-day Growth Bootcamp, 1-1 Mentor & Investor meetings, Global Networking & Visibility
- Seedstars Analysts will review all applications and select the finalists from each ecosystem.
- Startup finalists from each local competition will be invited for a 1-1 interview with the Seedstars team to showcase their MVP, user traction, and the scalability of their business model.
- One local winner will be selected to advance to the Regional Stage of the competition
- You already have a Minimum Viable Product (MVP) and initial traction.
- Your startup received less than USD 1,000,000 in funding
- You must have operations or be incorporated in the country/city you are applying.
Applying: Apply to the nearest local competition in the ecosystem where your startup has operations. The Seedstars team will evaluate all applications using a purpose-built algorithm – the Investment Readiness Score – to evaluate the viability of your startup. All applicants will receive their score and selection results by the end of August 2020. Follow the link below to apply through your local competition.
Drop your comments below.