The objective of the Merit Scholarship Program for Foreign Students (PBEEE) is to support the internationalization of research activities in Québec’s institutions of higher education, to attract the best foreign researchers and students, and to promote abroad Québec universities and College Centres for the Transfer of Technologies (CCTT).
The program covers higher education as a whole by giving to the CCTT researchers and administrators the opportunity to participate.
In a more generic way, the attribution of scholarships for foreign students aims at creating cultural links and allowing the setting up of possible common scientific research projects.
The program also represents an instrument for the MEES to support the Government of Québec’s scientific policy.
This scholarship covers the following areas:
- Doctoral research scholarships: $25,000 a year. The duration of the scholarship is three years, with a possible extension of up to 12 months (monthly allowance of $1,000).
- Postdoctoral scholarships : $35,000 for one year (cannot be renewed).
- Short-term research or professional development scholarships: $3,000 a month for a period of up to four months.
- Interested candidates must be preselected by a Québec university or Synchronex as of October 1st,
- This scholarship is not open to Canadian citizens, Permanent Residents in Canada or Individuals who have already applied for permanent residency.
- Candidates must be Postgraduate Students (with a degree not more than 5 years old)
- Candidates must be willing to school in Quebec Canada.
How To Start Applications:
1. Apply for an admission in any Quebec university in Canada and get preselected.
2. Once preselected, you must create an account in the FRQnet system. The FRQNT will then contact all preselected candidates to complete an electronic form to which the required documents will be attached.
Join/follow our various online channels for updates:
Deadline: 1 November 2019.