About Pyeongchang Idea Challenge:
Pyeongchang Idea Challenge is here! Do you remember the Opening Ceremony of 2018 Winter Olympic Games where 200+ delegates of the two Koreas marched together under the Korean Unification Flag? The event was marked as a turning point momentum for peace and reconciliation of the Korean Peninsula amidst the high tension of nuclear threat.
After the 2018 Winter Olympics, City of PyeongChang is seeking its way to continue the legacy as an Olympic city of peace, and transform the Olympic Plaza Site into a sustainable, peace-themed landmark.
The site has returned to a blank canvas since the Olympic stadium was removed. PyeongChang is now seeking creative ways to transform this site into a global hub of peace that engages changemakers, social innovators and creative practitioners in the development of sustainable peace in the Korean peninsula and beyond.
Benefits & Prizes To Be Won:
- 1st Prize $1,000 USD x 1 winner
- 2nd Prize $500 USD x 2 winners
- 3rd Prize $100 x multiple winners
- Winners are invited to present their ideas on stage during the Open Voice Program on Oct.5.
- The idea challenge is open to anyone
- The idea can be anything from a simple or detailed idea on potential facilities or programs, a governance system to an economic model. “Peace” & “Sustainability (social, environmental, economic)” are the two core values of this project.
- Submission can be in any format- drawing, video, writing, photo image, etc.
Topic for Idea:
Participants are expected to answer the following in the idea write-up:
- “How to transform the Olympic Plaza site into a Peace-themed Landmark and enhancing sustainable regional development?”
How To Apply:
Interested Individuals are to submit their written ideas online:
- An applicant may submit more than 1 submission.
- Submission is valid only when the applicants complete the submission form.
- The intellectual property rights of the idea belongs to the applicant but the Challenge organizer can share, publish, exhibit or display the contents for the purpose of non-profit usage.
- There could be no winners should the selection committee decide to select none.
Deadline: 31 August 2019. Winners Announced: 6 September 2019 (Korean Standard Time)
Clicck on this Portal to submit essay.