About One Young World Art Fellowship:
Are you using art to change society? Apply now for the One Young World (OYW) Art Fellowship to attend the OYW Summit 2019 in London & a month-long art residency in France.
Art is not passive, stationary, or two-dimensional. It is a universal vehicle for unbridled expression, empathy, and social change. The world of today, as it always has, needs great art and great artists to broaden our consciousness and drive the conversation around the complex web of issues we face—social, political, and ecological. For this scholarship, OYW is seeking the next generation of artists following in the footsteps of Michelangelo Pistoletto, Fabrice Hybert, Joseph Beuys and Banksy, employing their art as a generator of social progress.
One Young World identifies, promotes and connects the world’s most impactful young leaders to create a better world, with more responsible, more effective leadership. The annual One Young World Summit convenes the brightest young talent from every country and sector, working to accelerate social impact. Delegates from 190+ countries are counseled by influential political, business and humanitarian leaders such as Justin Trudeau, Paul Polman, and Meghan Markle, amongst many other global figures.
One Young World will offer this Fellowship to 1 visual artist using their craft to promote positive impact. The opportunity will offer fully-funded sponsorship to attend the OYW 2019 Summit and join the 1 month long residency program in France. During the residency, the selected candidate will be expected to design and deliver a new piece of work. Other benefits include:
One Young World Summit in London
- Access to the One Young World Summit 2019 in London
- Hotel accommodation on a shared basis between 21 and 25 (inclusive) October, 2019
- The cost of travel to and from London (flights in economy)
- Catering which includes breakfast, lunch, and dinner
- Transport between the Summit accommodation and the Summit venue
- Summit hand-outs and support materials
One-month art residency in France
- The cost to travel to Bordeaux/Bergerac (Flights in economy)
- Accommodation in residency with other artists
- Catering which includes breakfast, lunch and dinner
- A £2000 grant to cover expenses for one month
To be eligible for this fellowship, applicants must show the following:
- Provide their CV and art portfolio
- Have demonstrated a commitment to using art as a vehicle for positive impact
- Be aged between 18-35 years old
- Be available to commit to attending the OYW Summit and the residency immediately after: 21 October – 25 November 2019.
You can apply for this opportunity by filling the Application Form on the One Young World website.
Deadline: 19, July 2019