The Jorma Ollila special fund was created to support recently graduated doctors to further develop their research careers. These personal grants are awarded for the purpose of gaining international experience and research excellence for a period of 1-3 years. In addition to financial support, the new special fund will support the selected applicants through the contact network of Nokia Foundation.
Nokia Foundation promotes and supports scientific development and education throughout Finland’s information and telecommunications technology sectors. Multidisciplinary research in these areas, in addition to approaches from other scientific fields, such as social, behavioral, business and service sciences, are also highly valued.
- Jorma Ollila fund is 20 000 € per grantee
- Also covers funds for visits
- Grants awarded by foundations such as the Nokia Foundation are often tax-exempt.
This grant is open to:
- Recently graduated doctors to further their research.
- Doctoral candidates, who have not yet publicly defended their doctoral thesis but have received permission to do so, may also apply for a grant.
All applications should comply with the charter of Nokia Foundation. In particular, the research should:
- Relate to information and telecommunications technologies — this can include multidisciplinary research that strongly bridges other related fields, like social, behavioral, economics and service sciences, to information and communications technologies
- Support and promote education and research within Finland.
- Relate to one of the following focus areas of the Jorma Ollila special fund:
- Data Science and AI, including research on novel methods, tools, applications and implementations of data science, machine learning and augmented as well as artificial intelligence.
- Network Technologies, including research on future networking and communication technologies for fixed and wireless connectivity.
- Digital Design, including research on enablers and practices of information and communication driven technologies, methods and systems for the digital revolution.
Join/Follow our various online channels for updates:
Application: Deadline for Application: 30 Sept. 2019. Application for this Grant is submitted online, with Applicant providing a reference letter.