The MEXT fully-funded scholarship is awarded to outstanding international students who are recommended by APU. The mission of APU is to contribute to freedom, peace, humanity, international mutual understanding and the future shape of the Asia Pacific region by creating global leaders across all fields and industries. Classes are interactive and there are countless opportunities to gain real-world experience through programs such as volunteering, study abroad and internships. Upon graduation, students are equipped with essential knowledge and intercultural communication skills to work anywhere in the world, which is why our graduates are in high demand by companies, organizations and graduate schools across the globe.
MEXT – The Japanese Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science and Technology (MEXT) provides this scholarship annually, with the aim of enhancing the international competitiveness and promoting the active exchange of international students in Japanese universities.
This scholarship covers:
- 100% of tuition (covered by the APU Tuition Reduction Scholarship)
- 144,000 JPY per month for living expenses (amount subject to change)
- Economy class air travel between the home country and APU at the beginning and end of the program
This scholarship is open to those:
- Intending to study abroad in Japan from overseas
- Not having Japanese nationality and be a national of a country that has diplomatic relations with Japan
- Born on or after April 2, 1985
How To Apply:
Deadline for applications: is November 19, 2019.
All applicants must fill the APU Online Application System if all criteria are met to start their application.