MEST offers a graduate-level entrepreneurial training program led by experienced global mentors. It’s open to aspiring entrepreneurs from across the African continent.
The MEST Training Program is a 12-month, full time, fully sponsored program in which the cohort – known as Entrepreneurs-in-Training (EITs) – complete a graduate-level course in software development, business and communications, with a focus on practical implementation.
The MEST program provides rigorous entrepreneurial training and extensive hands-on project work, designed to ensure EITs master industry-proven methodologies for developing startups. This coursework is supplemented by sector speaks and a series of guest lectures, bringing in the experiences and insights of internationally-recognized executives and successful entrepreneurs.
The course culminates in an investor pitch and the chance to receive seed funding and enter the MEST incubator.
MEST is seeking for business-oriented applicants who are interested in learning how to start a software company. While it’s not a requirement to have previous coding experience, a strong interest in learning about technology is a must.
Interested Applicants must posses the following:
- An entrepreneurial spirit and strong desire to start a company
- Ability to communicate candidly and persuasively
- Ability to work well in teams
- Proven academic excellence
- Demonstrated leadership abilities
- Ability to meet goals and deadlines
- Demonstrated personal drive, stamina, and self-motivation
- Confidence and independent thinking
- Excellent people skills.
The MEST program is fully funded, including free tuition, room and board, 3 meals per day and a small monthly stipend.
How To Apply:
- Complete the application form
- Qualified applicants are asked to complete an aptitude test
- Successful applicants are contacted for a phone interview
- Top candidates in each region will be invited for an in-person interview in Accra, Lagos, Johannesburg, Cape Town, Nairobi or Abidjan
Applications for the Class of 2021 close February 7, 2020
Join/follow our various online channels for updates: