The program Learn Africa aims to promote the transfer of knowledge, exchange and training of African female students through scholarships offered by Spanish universities.
Since 2013 and up to now, 153 African female students from 34 countries have been beneficiaries of this program and have studied different subjects and levels at 40 Spanish universities, 1 Portuguese and 2 educational centers in Morocco.
Learn Africa presents this year a different call than usual. Given the global travel restrictions established by the covid-19 pandemic, all the studies offered for the 2020-2021, except those of Planeta Formation and University, are online and have been specially designed by Spanish universities to avoid the impact of the coronavirus in your training and in your future
Therefore, and in view of the impossibility that students can travel and study in person in Spain, the scholarships for this call cover only tuition and academic fees.
The scholarship covers tuition and academic fees. It includes diverse kinds of courses that you can choose in one of the many available Spanish universities.
Who can apply?
To apply for this scholarship you must:
- Be a woman and have the nationality of an African country.
- Be enrolled in an African university or have a university degree issued in an African country. For Postgraduate Scholarships, the Degree title is required. The required degree can vary depending on the requested scholarship (See details of each scholarship).
- Meet the specific requirements and technical/technologic material of each type of scholarship.
- Only one application per person
To apply for a scholarship you will need to attach the following documents:
- National identity document
- Diploma / certificate / university degree (as required)
- Academic record
- Motivation letter
- Reference or recommendation letter/s
- Official language level accreditation if required
- Research project
Apply Immediately: Scholarships can be requested from the 30th of June to the 15th of July (2020), both dates inclusive. This period may be extendable depending on the number of requests received.
Only requests made online will be accepted. A committee of experts will make the first evaluation of all the candidatures according to the following documents:
- Reference letter
- Motivation letterCarta personal de motivación
- Research Project if required
The final selection will be agreed with each of the participating universities and the results will be published at the end of August on our website, in addition to being personally communicated to each of the selected candidates.
Join/follow our various online channels for updates:
Drop your comments below.