The Innovate for Life (I4L) program is centered around developing shared value partnerships between Amref country offices and health innovators to support health innovations from around the world scale in SSA and address major health challenges in the region. Through this mission, I4L aims to catalyze innovation for the creation of lasting health change in Africa, which supports the overall vision, mission, and promise of Amref Health Africa.
I4L combines health knowledge, capacity, and networks, business and leadership coaching, and partnership acceleration for innovators in the program.
I4L’s value proposition will be centred around leveraging Amref’s strengths as a leading health NGO in Africa to support the scale of innovations, specifically:
- Affiliation with the Amref brand to gain industry credibility;
- Access to Amref experts and entities;
- In-country health knowledge, capacity, and networks;
- Business and leadership coaching from an experienced Amref business partner;
- Development and implementation of strategic partnerships with Amref programs;
- And an alumni network and access to Amref conferences and events on an ongoing basis.
I4L are looking for passionate health innovators who have a proven business and health impact model, have tested their innovation for scale in SSA, and fit the needs of Amref country offices to enable a demand-driven innovation program and strong partnerships for scale. In specific, the future I4L innovator should:
- Have an innovative solution in Ethiopia in any of the following areas: 1)NCDs, 2)CDs and 3)WASH;
- Have an innovative solution in Kenya in any of the following areas: 1)HIV/TB/Malaria/NCDs, 2)RMNCAH and 3) WASH & NTDs. Special interest to innovations targeting behavioral change and data collation in the aforementioned thematic areas;
- Have a proof-of-concept innovation with demonstrated business viability;
- Have proof of testing the innovation in the Kenyan or Ethiopian market; for example, a feasibility assessment, registration, and/or launch of the innovation in this geography;
- Be interested in scaling their innovation through a partnership with one or many Amref program(s).
How To Apply:
Applications for this program is made through VC4Africa.
Notification to winners: 31st of January, 2020Innovate for Life Programme: 1st of March, 2020 – 7th of August, 2020
Deadline: 30 November 2019