Each year the European Commission (EU) offers 2 five month, paid traineeships, for 1,800 trainees; administrative or translation. Starting on 1 March or 1 October, trainees gain hands-on experience of EU policy making in a multicultural environment.
Trainees work all over the European Commission/Services/Agencies mostly in Brussels, but also in Luxembourg and across the European Union.The content of the job depends on the service Trainees are assigned to. A Trainee may, for example, work in the field of competition law, human resources, environmental policy etc.
The European Commission is the executive branch of the European Union, responsible for proposing legislation, implementing decisions, upholding the EU treaties and managing the day-to-day business of the EU.
Benefits Of This Traineeship:
The EU Blue Book Traineeships offers:
- EU knowledge – insight into the processes and policies of the European Institutions
- Practical experience – an opportunity to play a part in the Commission’s day-to-day business
- Opportunity to put academic theory into practice
- Living Allowance of 1,196.84€ per month.
Duration of Traineeship:
There are two training periods per year:
- March to end July
- October to end February of the following year.
The traineeship programme is open to university graduates who:
- Have a university degree or equivalent, of at least 3 years of study, corresponding to a complete cycle (Bachelor’s);
- Have a very good knowledge (C level as per the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages) of two EU official languagues, one of which must be a procedural language: English or French or German. For non EU nationals only one procedural language is required.
- Have no prior work experience of any kind, in excess of 6 weeks in any EU institution, body or agency, EU delegations, with Members of Parliament (MEPs) or Advocates General at the EUCJ.
How To Apply:
The application procedure consists of registration through EU Login, filling in of the application form and submission.
Deadline for submission is on 30 August 2019.