ETH Zurich supports excellent Master’s students with two scholarship programmes:
The Excellence Scholarship & Opportunity Programme (ESOP) supports students with a scholarship, mentorship and a network of the ETH Foundation. The scholarship covers the full study and living costs during the Master’s degree course.
The ETH-D Scholarship contains a partial stipend as well as additional offers by the Department (assistantship or additional scholarship).
- The Excellence Scholarship consists of a grant covering living and study expenses (CHF 12’000 per semester) as well as a tuition fee waiver. The scholarship starts with the Master’s degree programme and is awarded for the regular duration of the Master’s programme (three or four semesters).
- The ETH-D Scholarship consists of a partial stipend for living and study expenses (CHF 7’500 per semester) as well as a tuition fee waiver. The department will additionally provide a scholarship of CHF 3’000 per semester or offer an assistantship (with a payment of CHF 500 – 600 per month).
The scholarship starts with the Master’s degree programme and is awarded for the regular duration of the Master’s programme (three or four semesters). In Zurich it covers the demanded CHF 21’000/year for the migration office (in Basel at D-BSSE it covers CHF 24’000).
Who is eligible:
The scholarship programmes are open to excellent students (national and international) wishing to pursue their Master’s degree at ETH Zurich.
There is only one application process for both Master scholarship programmes.
Join/Follow our various online channels for updates:
Application: Deadline 15 December. All information provided in the application must be complete, correct and handled in by time (15 December). The following should be provided while making the application:
- Letter of motivation
- Pre-proposal for your Master’s thesis (see guidelines on how to write a pre-proposal)
- Two reference letters from professors (Reference letters must be submitted with the Master application online).
- ETH-Bachelor only: Transcript of records
ETH students continuing a consequtive Master programme must also apply via eApply.