About EJN Fellowship Program :
Earth Journalism Network is pleased to announce a fellowship program that will allow selected journalists to attend and cover the 14th conference of the parties (COP 14) to the UN Convention To Combat Desertification (UNCCD) taking place in New Delhi, India.
The UNCCD COP14 will be a key gathering to review progress made to control and reverse further loss of productive land from desertification, land degradation and drought. A mix of representatives from national, regional and local governments, science and research communities, the private sector, international and non-governmental organizations and all forms of media are expected to address these issues during the two-week event.
As part of this Fellowship program, the 2019 group will comprise five selected journalists from Africa and India.
Successful Applicants will benefit from:
- Engaging with other participants and Fellowship program organizers in a series of specially designed activities that will include mentorship, an orientation workshop and more.
- Amongst costs covered will be nonrefundable economy-class airfare, hotel, meals, and transportation both in-location and in transit.
- Cost of travel visa fully covered.
Venue and Duration:
- Venue: Delhi, India
- Duration: 6-14 September 2019
To be eligible for this fellowship applicants must:
- Be a professional journalist from or representing an established media house and reporting from a developing country;
- Fill out the application form using the link below, including answering essay questions that illustrate his/her experience reporting on desertification and degradation issues. We also ask you to describe the kinds of stories you might pursue at the conference;
- Be available to arrive in India on Friday, 6th September and stay until departure on Saturday the 14th;
- Commit to participate in all Fellowship activities;
- Provide a letter of support from an editor, producer or supervisor who can confirm your ability to publish or broadcast your material in an established media outlet. Freelancers are welcome to apply but must provide a letter of support.
Criteria For Evaluation:
Criteria for evaluating applicants will include the prospective Fellow’s demonstrated experience covering desertification, climate change and other environmental topics, their interest in continued coverage of these issues and their audience and outlet’s reach.
As part of the application process, journalists will be asked to submit examples of their work. These can be uploaded as text pasted into a Word document or as links. Stories can be sent in a native language as long as they are accompanied by a short English synopsis. A good command of English, however, will be needed to answer the essay questions and will also be important to participate in Fellowship activities.
Applicants Interested Journalists can Sign Up here to fill the application form.
Deadline: 23 June 2019
We have a community, where you could get help with Q&A on this Application:
Related Workshops & Training You Can Participate:
- Westerwelle Young Founders Programme 2019 in Berlin (Fully-Funded)
- EJN Fellowship Program 2019 (Fully Funded)
- M100 Young European Journalists Workshop 2019 in Germany.
For more information, please visit: Earth Journalism Network