About EIGE Internship Program:
The European Institute for Gender Equality (EIGE) is organizing a call for applications with a view to establishing a reserve list for the post of Procurement Assistant for EIGE Internship.
Based in Vilnius Lithuania, EIGE is a regulatory agency of the European Union (EU) entrusted with specific objectives envisaged to contribute to and strengthen the promotion of gender equality.
The Institute collects and analyses comparable and reliable information at EU level and develops appropriate methodological tools for the integration of gender equality into all EU policies. It fosters the exchange of good practices and dialogue between stakeholders and raises awareness on gender equality. It also provides technical assistance to EU institutions, in particular, the European Commission and the authorities of the Member States.
- Begin on a basic salary of about approximately €2,112.
- Receive immense professional internship experience.
Interested applicants must possess the following:
- A post-secondary education attested by a diploma or a secondary education attested by a diploma giving access to post-secondary education plus appropriate professional experience of three years;
- EU Member State nationality;
- A good command, both spoken and written, of at least two official EU languages;
- Entitlement to full rights as a citizen;
- No obligations imposed by national laws concerning military service;
- Medically certified fitness to perform duties linked to the post.
- At least one year experience in public procurement;
- Good knowledge of administrative and procurement procedures and guidelines;
- Excellent knowledge of English, the predominant working language of the Institute.
- Knowledge of financial and procurement rules and procedures applicable to EU institutions and bodies, by training or experience;
- Experience in the area of EU public procurement processes within EU institutions/bodies;
- Previous exposure to international and/or multicultural work environments;
- Awareness of and support for gender equality.
- A high level of IT literacy and familiarity with relevant software applications;
- The ability to work in a problem-solving manner and to learn and work in a proactive, autonomous way;
- A team player who is self-critical towards her/his own performance and shares learning and information as part of a multicultural and multidisciplinary organization;
- The mindset to be attentive to detail and to see through to conclusion specific tasks;
- The ability to work under pressure and within tight deadlines ensuring that deadlines and quality standards are met.
To begin applications for this internship, applicants must fill this EIGE Application Form and forward it electronically to [email protected]. The subject title should include the vacancy reference number.
Deadline: 25 June 2019