The Engineering for Development (E4D) Continuing Education Scholarship Programme awards scholarships for travel and living expenses to candidates from low-income countries to attend continuing education programmes at ETH Zurich.
The goal of the programme is to enhance the knowledge and skills of future leaders with the perspective of contributing to capacity development and poverty reduction in their home countries.
ETH4D aims to connect science with society at large. ETH4D brings researchers together with NGOs, industry, policymakers and the wider public to drive research and education initiatives and to develop, test and scale solutions for poverty reduction.
The following expenses will be covered by the scholarship:
- Economy roundtrip ticket (max. 2’000 CHF)
- Visa fees
- Living allowance for the duration of the programme.
- ETH general tuition fee waiver (660 CHF per semester)
- The candidate must hold a completed and recognised Master’s degree from a university and proof professional working experience of at least 2 years.
- The minimal English standard is TOEFL level C1.
- The scholarship is open to candidates from countries classified as Least Developed Countries, Low Income Countries and Lower Middle Income Countries according to the DAC-list of the OECD.
- Candidates need to be accepted by the School for Continuing Education, ETH Zurich as well as the MAS, DAS or CAS programme office.
How To Apply:
Deadline Of Application: 30 November 2019.
The following Documents must be provided by the Applicants during Application:
- CV of the candidate
- MSc or Masters Diploma and academic transcript(s)
- 1-2 page application letter, stating the motivation to attend the programme and the impact for the candidate’s career development and beyond.
- Two professional references
- Formal admission letter by the School for Continuing Education confirming that the candidate is admitted to the MAS, DAS or CAS programme.
- Certificate of employment. The certificate of employment letter must be sent to the E4D programme office directly through the employer (and not the candidate)
Join/Follow our various online channels for updates:
Submit your application documentation in one single pdf-file to [email protected]