About Canon Roche Photo Competition On Faces Of Hope:
This year Canon is collaborating with Roche Pakistan Limited and launching an exciting photography contest to reward the talent of amateur and professional photographers who are able to capture the impact of Roche’s medicines on the faces of patients or their families. Roche wants Photographers to capture the emotion that a person feels when his or her loved one recovers from a disease. Also, the feeling of joy and optimism that lights up a patient or his or her family members face when they hear positive news.
“Roche has a purpose – what we call our North Star. We define our North Star as Delivering better outcomes for more patients, faster. This purpose drives us to do more and more for our patients. We want to see the positive impact of our efforts on the faces of patients/ or their families – as captured by your expert lens. We want to see these photos when we enter our offices, or go to our website, so that every day we are re-energized to continue seeking our North Star.”
Prizes and Awards:
The contest awards cash prizes to first, second, and third place winners and these pictures will be placed in the Roche Pharma office and/their digital platform.
1st Prize: Canon 80D with exclusive canonXRoche content certificate and goodie bag
2nd Prize: Canon M10 with exclusive canonXRoche content certificate and goodie bag
3rd Prize: Canon 85mm f 1.8 Lens with exclusive canonXRoche content certificate and goodie bag
Prizes (if any) will be shipped for free within Pakistan. Winners from outside Pakistan may mention a Pakistani address to ship the prizes. Alternately, they will have to bear the shipping expense to their respective countries
How To Participate:
Please read these rules (the Rules) before submitting your photo(s) to Canon Pakistan Photography’s contest. These are General Rules governing all contests hosted by Canon Pakistan, unless so specified in the Specific Rules that may be applicable to individual contests. By participating in the contests, you understand, acknowledge and unconditionally agree to abide by the following Rules:
Basic submission guidelines for photographers:
1. The contests are open for online submissions only, through the contest page.
2. Submissions will not be accepted once the deadline lapses.
3. Photos submitted must be at least 640 pixels on the shorter side, and no more than 2000 pixels on the
longer side. Images should be no larger than 2MB. Photos must be in JPEG format. A mandatory Original RAW copy of the image should be uploaded on www.wetransfer.com and link should be provided to us.
4. You may submit as many entries per contest as you wish unless specifically mentioned otherwise in the contest-specific rules. However, you will be able to upload only one image at a time using the websites upload function.
5. You are required to provide a unique title & description for each image submitted.
6. The same photo can be submitted for more than one contest. Photos that have won previous awards,
including Canon Pakistan’s prior contests, may be submitted again unless otherwise mentioned in the
7. All submitted photos must contain the original EXIF metadata information. However, there must be no
border(s), logo(s), copyright marks, identifying marks, or any other visible references and/or marks on the image.
8. Basic editing, including color enhancement, the use of filters, and cropping of the Photo(s) is acceptable, provided any such editing does not affect the authenticity and/or genuineness of the Photo(s).
9. Advanced editing used to create illusions, deceptions and/or manipulations, and the adding and removing of significant elements within the frame is prohibited.
10. Every image uploaded is subject to a moderation process before it becomes visible on the contest page. Canon Pakistan reserves the right to assess and disregard any submitted photo at its discretion.
11. Photos that portray or otherwise include inappropriate and/or offensive content, including provocative
nudity, violence, human rights and/or environmental violation, and/or any other contents deemed to be
contrary to the law, religious, cultural & moral traditions and practices of Pakistan, are strictly prohibited
and will be immediately discarded.
12. A participant who submits any such photos may be permanently banned, subject to Canon Pakistan’s discretion, from participating in any future contests.