About Canon Collins Scholarships for Postgraduate Study in South Africa:
Canon Collins Trust seeks to support exceptional individuals who are committed to social justice in Southern Africa and for whom a postgraduate qualification is an essential tool in working to create an open and just society.
Canon Collins is committed to contributing towards a new framework for human rights in southern Africa by supporting high-quality graduates to become the next generation of legal researchers, lawyers and social activists. On top of a strong academic record and a passion for research, Canon Collins scholars must demonstrate their commitment to social justice and to employing their skillsets to achieve impact within the wider community.
- The value of the scholarship package ranges from R20,000 to R100,000 supporting full and part-time studies, and also distance learning.
- Participate in the organized annual conference for current scholars, and hold several smaller events throughout the year.
- Eligible applicants will automatically be considered for these named scholarships:
In addition, to be considered for a scholarship under this programme you must:
- be a national of, or have refugee status in, one of the following countries: Angola, Botswana, Lesotho, Malawi, Mozambique, Namibia, South Africa, Swaziland, Zambia, Zimbabwe
- be normally resident in one of the above countries
- be in possession of a good first degree (minimum second class, upper division or equivalent) or about to graduate in the year of application
- be studying or applying to study at a South African university
- be involved in this study areas:
- Justice, which includes Law, Economics, Politics and the Environment
- Education: policy and practice
- Humanities, which includes Literature, History, Anthropology and the Arts
How To Apply:
Deadline: 19 August 2019
Related Scholarships You Can Apply:
- Canon Collins Scholarships for Postgraduate Study in South Africa – Deadline: 19 August 2019
- Canon Collins Tom Queba Engineering Scholarship for Social Change for South Africans – Deadline: 12 August 2019
- Japan-WCO Human Resource Development Scholarship Programme 2019/2020 for Masters Study in Japan (Fully-funded)
For more information, please visit: Canon Collins Trust