The Africa Young Entrepreneur Support (YES) Program is a 6-month intensive entrepreneurship, leadership, business training, and exchange program that provides early stage social entrepreneurs of between 18 – 29 years with the resources they need to discover opportunities, unlock their potential and create impact.
The program (happening in Nairobi) seeks to identify, inspire and empower 25 young social entrepreneurs to recognize opportunities, explore innovative approaches, mobilize resources, manage risks, and build viable social ventures.
The following are the benefits of the YES program:
- Develop your entrepreneurial leadership skills
- Hands-on approach on building and growing your social venture
- Access a network of entrepreneurs, mentors and opportunities (including internships, funding and workshops)
- Access to grant funding (equity free) of at least $5000 for top entrepreneurs.
- Be a core part of a family/community of ambitious, talented and passionate entrepreneurs tackling big challenges.
- Access to in program and follow up investment to build and scale your venture.
- Access tailored and customized support for your venture including mentors and top talent for your needs.
- Flexible program that allows you to still run your venture during the program
The Africa Young Entrepreneur Support (YES) Program is looking for self-starters, leaders, change makers who are building viable businesses and creating impact in their local communities and beyond. Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- The venture must be solving a clear problem in the community
- There must be a viable and tested solution already in place (not just an idea)
- The social venture should have a viable business model
- The venture should have at least some paying customers or making a revenue in the past 6 months.
- There should be ambition by the founder of the venture to grow to achieve large scale impact
- The applicant can commit to attend weekly sessions (every Saturday) in Nairobi from November 2019 to April 2020
- The applicant can commit to do weekly tasks in relation to their venture
- The applicant must be working either full time or at least 30 hrs per week in their venture
- The applicant must be below 30 years of age when applying
- The venture is legally registered in Kenya or in the process of registration
How To Apply:
Application Deadline: 13 October 2019
Applications for the Africa YES 2020 program are ongoing, together with online interviews.
Shortlisted applicants will participate in-person interviews in Nairobi and site visits. Final selected participants to be notified by 27th October, 2019.
Join/follow our various online channels for updates: